In this weeks news:
- ABRAXANE Demonstrates Statistically Significant Improvement in Overall Survival for Patients with Advanced Pancreatic Cancer in Phase III Study – Yahoo! Finance
- MONTPELLIER, France: Skuldtech and AB Science Announce the Identification of New Predictive Markers for Pancreatic Cancer Survival Associated with Masitinib Treatment | Business Wire | Rock Hill Herald Online
Skuldtech, a genomic and pharmacogenomic company specialized in developing diagnostic tests, and AB Science (Paris:AB) (NYSE Euronext FR0010557264 ? AB), a pharmaceutical company specialized in developing tyrosine kinase inhibitors, announce the discovery of a new set of blood markers predictive of a higher survival rate in pancreatic cancer patients. Skuldtech and AB Science plan to exploit these new markers for commercialization of a future companion test associated with masitinib, a molecule developed by AB science for treating pancreatic cancer.Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/11/05/4387804/skuldtech-and-ab-science-announce.html#storylink=cpy
- Byetta Puts Users at Risk for Pancreatic Cancer | The Legal Examiner Chicago-Land
- Nuvilex Initial Pancreatic Cancer Trial Preparations Underway
- PARIS: AB Science reports phase 3 study results of masitinib in combination with Gemzar for treatment of pancreatic cancer. | Business Wire | Rock Hill Herald Online
- Health News – A Novel Drug Delivery Method for Targeting Chemotherapy to Pancreatic Cancer Cells
A new drug delivery method that targets high levels of the chemotherapeutic agent gemcitabine directly to pancreatic cancer cells, while largely sparing normal cells, is presented in an article in Nucleic Acid Therapeutics
- Pancreatic cancer genome DNA sequenced by scientists in world first – National health | Examiner.com
- Drug From Chinese “Thunder God Vine” Slays Tumors in Mice – Businessweek
A drug made from a plant known as “thunder god vine,” or lei gong teng, that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine, wiped out pancreatic tumors in mice, researchers said, and may soon be tested in humans.
- Baxter to help develop, sell Onconova cancer drug – Businessweek
Baxter International Inc. said Wednesday it will work with Onconova Therapeutics to help develop and market an experimental cancer drug in Europe.Onconova has been studying the drug candidate, rigosertib, as a treatment for a group of blood cancers called myelodysplastic syndromes and for pancreatic cancer.
- Threshold’s Pancreatic Cancer Drug Boosts Survival — With an Asterisk – TheStreet
Threshold Pharmaceuticals’ (THLD) TH-302 boosted the survival of pancreatic patients, but data from the mid-stage study raised concerns and caused the stock to fall.
Here are the latest additions to the Mendeley Pancreatic Cancer Genomics collection.
- Pancreatic cancer genomes reveal aberrations in axon guidance pathway genes
- Sulforaphane regulates self-renewal of pancreatic cancer stem cells through the modulation of Sonic hedgehog-GLI pathway.
- Fendiline inhibits K-Ras plasma membrane localization and blocks K-Ras signal transmission.
- MiR-197 induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition in pancreatic cancer cells by targeting p120 catenin.
- Gene therapy of pancreatic cancer targeting the K-Ras oncogene.
- Inhibition of the Nrf2 transcription factor by the alkaloid trigonelline renders pancreatic cancer cells more susceptible to apoptosis through decreased proteasomal gene expression and proteasome activity.
- Molecular markers associated with outcome and metastasis in human pancreatic cancer.
- MicroRNA profiling of diagnostic needle aspirates from patients with pancreatic cancer.
- Clinical Significance of the Genetic Landscape of Pancreatic Cancer and Implications for Identification of Potential Long Term Survivors.
- CXCL12/CXCR4 signaling axis induces SHH expression in pancreatic cancer cells via ERK- and Akt- mediated activation of NF-?B: implications for bidirectional tumor-stromal interactions.
- Human pancreatic adenocarcinoma contains a side population resistant to gemcitabine.
- Nuclear factor ?B activity correlates with the progression and prognosis of pancreatic cancer in a mouse model.
- Genetic Basis of Pancreas Cancer Development and Progression: Insights from Whole-Exome and Whole-Genome Sequencing
- Grape Proanthocyanidin Inhibit Pancreatic Cancer Cell Growth In Vitro and In Vivo through Induction of Apoptosis and by Targeting the PI3K/Akt Pathway
- Overexpressed Galectin-3 in Pancreatic Cancer Induces Cell Proliferation and Invasion by Binding Ras and Activating Ras Signaling
- Cdk4/6 Inhibition Induces Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition and Enhances Invasiveness in Pancreatic Cancer Cells.
- MUC1 mucin stabilizes and activates hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha to regulate metabolism in pancreatic cancer.
- Molecular evidence for increased antitumor activity of gemcitabine in combination with a cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, P276-00 in pancreatic cancers.
- Role of heat shock protein 27 in gemcitabine-resistant human pancreatic cancer: Comparative proteomic analyses.
- INHIBITION OF THE HEDGEHOG PATHWAY TARGETS THE TUMOR-ASSOCIATED STROMA IN PANCREATIC CANCER.