The week American Association of Cancer Research (AACR) kicks off its annual meeting in Chicago, and we’ll be bringing you the latest announcements.
In this weeks news:
- Health News – Metformin May Improve Pancreatic Cancer Prognosis in Patients With Diabetes
- Medical Xpress: The protein survivin could be a useful biomarker for pancreatic cancer
- Clovis has 360 in pancreatic cancer trial | Boulder County Business Report
Clovis Oncology Inc. has enrolled 360 patients in a clinical trial of a pancreatic cancer drug – a key step in obtaining approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to commercialize the drug.
If trial results are positive, Boulder-based Clovis (Nasdaq: CLVS) plans to file for drug approval by mid-2013 in both the United States and the European Union, the company said in a press statement. Patients in the study are located in 15 countries around the world. Data from the trial is expected in the fourth quarter of this year.
- CytRx’s INNO-206 to Be Featured in Two Presentations at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) 2012 Annual Meeting – MarketWatch
CytRx Corporation CYTR +2.10% , a biopharmaceutical company specializing in oncology, today announced the upcoming presentation of research demonstrating that INNO-206 in combination with either doxorubicin or a novel albumin-binding methotrexate drug induced complete tumor remissions in animal models of human pancreatic cancer. The results will be presented at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) 2012 Annual Meeting on Monday, April 2, 2012 in Chicago, Illinois. CytRx holds the worldwide rights to INNO-206, which is a tumor-targeted albumin-binding drug incorporating the widely used chemotherapeutic agent doxorubicin.
- Threshold Pharma rises on analyst comment – BusinessWeek
Shares of Threshold Pharmaceuticals Inc. jumped Thursday after an analyst boosted his price target on the stock, saying Threshold’s main cancer drug is “one of the leading pancreatic cancer candidates.”
- Medical News:Electric Pulses May Help in Pancreatic Ca – in Meeting Coverage, SIR from MedPage Today
A minimally invasive procedure that uses electrical pulses to target cancer cells may help make surgery an option for unresectable, locally advanced pancreatic cancer patients, researchers said here.
- Medical Xpress: Protein found to regulate spread of pancreatic cancer cells
- Electrical Pulse Treatment Gives Pancreatic Cancer Patients New Hope – MarketWatch
- Nuvilex discusses Cell-in-a-Box technology used for pancreatic cancer clinical trial
Nuvilex, Inc. (OTCQB:NVLX), an emerging biotechnology provider of cell and gene therapy solutions, discussed today the proprietary Cell-in-a-Box® technology, being acquired from SG Austria, that was used for the pancreatic cancer clinical trial and may have an effect on downstream micro metastatic disease.
- NCKU Signs MOU with OSU on Cancer Research – Business Wire – SunHerald.com
National Cheng Kung University (NCKU) in Tainan, southern Taiwan, signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Ohio State University (OSU) College of Pharmacy on March 20 at the NCKU College of Medicine as part of its effort to enhance its international academic cooperation …
Here are the latest additions to the Mendeley Pancreatic Cancer Genomics collection.
- Metabolic flux increases glycoprotein sialylation: implications for cell adhesion and cancer metastasis.
- SLC5A8 Nuclear Translocation and Loss of Expression are Associated With Poor Outcome in Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma.
- SDF-1/CXCR4 signaling induces pancreatic cancer cell invasion and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in vitro through non-canonical activation of Hedgehog pathway.
- Road to Early Detection of Pancreatic Cancer: Attempts to Utilize Epigenetic Biomarkers.
- Changes in the expression of serum markers CA242, CA199, CA125, CEA, TNF-? and TSGF after cryosurgery in pancreatic cancer patients.
- Therapeutic Potential of Amanitin-Conjugated Anti-Epithelial Cell Adhesion Molecule Monoclonal Antibody Against Pancreatic Carcinoma.
- The Tumor Suppressive Role of eIF3f and Its Function in Translation Inhibition and rRNA Degradation.
- Response gene to complement-32 enhances metastatic phenotype by mediating transforming growth factor beta-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human pancreatic cancer cell line BxPC-3.
- Molecular and genetic bases of pancreatic cancer.
- Targeting EGFR in Pancreatic Cancer Treatment.
- Systemic therapies for pancreatic cancer – the role of pharmacogenetics.
- Metastatic pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (pNET): Placing current findings into perspective.
- Presence of Somatic Mutations in Most Early-Stage Pancreatic Intraepithelial Neoplasia.
- The Nestin progenitor lineage is the compartment of origin for pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia.
- Is there a role for the quantification of RRM1 and ERCC1 expression in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma?
- The oncoprotein ErbB3 is endocytosed in the absence of added ligand in a clathrin-dependent manner.
- A phase 2 study of the insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor inhibitor MK-0646 in patients with metastatic, well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumors.
- Energy metabolism and proliferation in pancreatic carcinogenesis.
- Stromal biology and therapy in pancreatic cancer.
- Enzymatic Targeting of the Stroma Ablates Physical Barriers to Treatment of Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma