In this week’s news includes stories about a viral therapy for pancreatic cancer undergoing preclinical development, the use of a drug to penetrate the stroma surrounding pancreatic cancer tumors at the Fred Hutchinson Institute. You may remember this approach being pioneered by Dan Van Hoff at TGEN.
- Nuvilex discusses Cell-in-a-Box technology used for pancreatic cancer clinical trial
Nuvilex, Inc. (OTCQB:NVLX), an emerging biotechnology provider of cell and gene therapy solutions, discussed today the proprietary Cell-in-a-Box® technology, being acquired from SG Austria, that was used for the pancreatic cancer clinical trial and may have an effect on downstream micro metastatic disease.
- NCKU Signs MOU with OSU on Cancer Research – Business Wire – SunHerald.com
National Cheng Kung University (NCKU) in Tainan, southern Taiwan, signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Ohio State University (OSU) College of Pharmacy on March 20 at the NCKU College of Medicine as part of its effort to enhance its international academic cooperation …
- Viruses kill pancreatic tumors in preclinical model
About 95 percent of pancreatic cancers are pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas (PDAs). PDA is considered to be one of the most lethal malignancies, resulting in a five year survival rate of only 8-20 percent.In this study, the researchers, led by Valery Z. Grdzelishvili of the University of North …
- Scientists Report Potential Breakthrough in Pancreatic Cancer Treatment | Health | English
Scientists in Seattle are reporting a potential breakthrough in the treatment of pancreatic cancer, a disease which stubbornly resists most therapies.
- Mouse ‘avatars’ could aid pancreatic cancer therapy : Nature News & Comment
Mouse ‘avatars’ could in future allow physicians to find the most effective cocktail of cancer drugs to combat a particular tumour before giving them to a patient, according to researchers at the annual meeting of the Human Genome Organisation (HUGO) in Australia last week.
- Processed meat raises risk for pancreatic cancer? – Health Jockey
A recent report talked of the role played by a protein complex in pancreatic cancer. This study by experts at Karolinska Institutet has disclosed that processed meat could elevate the risk for pancreatic cancer.
- Sulfonylureas and insulin linked to increased risk for pancreatic cancer | HemOncToday
Use of sulfonylureas and insulin was associated with an increased risk for pancreatic cancer, whereas metformin use was associated with a decreased risk for pancreatic cancer in women, according to study results published in The American Journal of Gastroenterology.
To determine the association between antidiabetic drug use, diabetes and the risk for pancreatic cancer, researchers conducted a case-control study of drug prescription, diagnostic, hospitalization and fatality information collected by the British General Practice Research Database (GPRD) between 1995 and 2009.
- INTERNATIONAL CANCER GENOME CONSORTIUM | ICGC launches new project and releases more genomic data on cancer
Here are the latest additions to the Mendeley Pancreatic Cancer Genomics collection.
- Is there a role for the quantification of RRM1 and ERCC1 expression in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma?
- The oncoprotein ErbB3 is endocytosed in the absence of added ligand in a clathrin-dependent manner.
- A phase 2 study of the insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor inhibitor MK-0646 in patients with metastatic, well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumors.
- Energy metabolism and proliferation in pancreatic carcinogenesis.
- Stromal biology and therapy in pancreatic cancer.
- Enzymatic Targeting of the Stroma Ablates Physical Barriers to Treatment of Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma
- Growth inhibition and mechanism of action of p-dodecylaminophenol against refractory human pancreatic cancer and cholangiocarcinoma.
- Enhanced Expression of Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor 2 IIIc Promotes Human Pancreatic Cancer Cell Proliferation.
- Signalling Pathways Passing Src in Pancreatic Endocrine Tumours: Relevance for Possible Combined Targeted Therapies.
- Transforming Growth Factor ? and Ras/MEK/ERK Signaling Regulate the Expression Level of a Novel Tumor Suppressor Lefty.
- Phase I Trial of AEG35156 an Antisense Oligonucleotide to XIAP Plus Gemcitabine in Patients With Metastatic Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma.
- Down-regulation of the CCK-B Receptor in Pancreatic Cancer Cells Blocks Proliferation and Promotes Apoptosis.
- Inaugural Article: Sleeping Beauty mutagenesis reveals cooperating mutations and pathways in pancreatic adenocarcinoma
- EGFR and KRAS Mutational Analysis and Their Correlation to Survival in Pancreatic and Periampullary Cancer.
- Molecular Targets of Gemcitabine Action: Rationale for Development of Novel Drugs and Drug Combinations.
- Metformin and cancer stem cells: old drug, new targets.
- Aberrations and Therapeutics Involving the Developmental Pathway Hedgehog in Pancreatic cancer.
- EZH2 couples pancreatic regeneration to neoplastic progression
- Tumor development is associated with decrease of TET gene expression and 5-methylcytosine hydroxylation.
- Sequential FOLFOX-6 and gemcitabine for locally advanced and/or metastatic pancreatic cancer.