In this weeks news:
- Peregrine’s cancer drug data disappoints; shares plunge | Reuters
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals (PPHM.O) said an independent assessment of data from a mid-stage trial showed unexpectedly high progression-free survival rates in lung cancer patients receiving standard chemotherapy, raising doubts about the future of its lung cancer trial.
- Boulder-based Clovis Oncology reports 2011 results – Boulder Daily CameraClovis Oncology Inc. on Wednesday reported its 2011 earnings and officials said the Boulder-based company will have sufficient cash on hand this year to complete a pivotal study on its pancreatic cancer drug and demonstrate proof of concept for two other programs in development.
- Molecular Way to Control Pancreatic Cancer | www.dailyrx.comCancer can be thought of as a series of tiny molecular mistakes adding up until the situation is out of control. New research has detailed the specifics of the process occurring in pancreatic cancer.Stanford University’s School of Medicine has used molecular analysis to examine 70 different samples …
- MIT-Harvard project to fund cancer research teams – Mass High Tech Business News
- InnoCentive and the Sandler-Kenner Foundation Join Forces to Fight Pancreatic Cancer – MarketWatchInnoCentive, Inc., the pioneer in open innovation and crowdsourcing, and the Sandler-Kenner Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer today announced the launch of a Challenge seeking new approaches for diagnosing pancreatic cancer in its early stages, when …
- Cell-based pancreatic cancer vaccine increases survival – FierceVaccines
- Rigosertib drug shows promise against advanced pancreatic cancer
- BioSante rises on pancreatic cancer therapy data – chicagotribune.com
- Drug cocktail targets pancreatic cancer | Business Weekly | Technology | Biotechnology | Business news | Cambridge and the East of England
- Threshold’s phase 2b trial of TH-302 in patients with pancreatic cancer meets primary endpoint
Biotechnology company Threshold Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced that its 214 patient randomized controlled phase 2b clinical trial evaluating the efficacy and safety of two doses of the investigational agent TH-302 in combination with gemcitabine compared to gemcitabine alone in patients with first-line advanced pancreatic cancer achieved its primary endpoint, with a 63 per cent improvement in progression free survival and a safety profile consistent with previous studies.
Here are the latest additions to the Mendeley Pancreatic Cancer Genomics collection.
- Molecular Targets of Gemcitabine Action: Rationale for Development of Novel Drugs and Drug Combinations.
- Metformin and cancer stem cells: old drug, new targets.
- Aberrations and Therapeutics Involving the Developmental Pathway Hedgehog in Pancreatic cancer.
- EZH2 couples pancreatic regeneration to neoplastic progression
- Tumor development is associated with decrease of TET gene expression and 5-methylcytosine hydroxylation.
- Sequential FOLFOX-6 and gemcitabine for locally advanced and/or metastatic pancreatic cancer.
- Regulation of pancreatic cancer growth by superoxide.
- Gambogic acid-loaded magnetic Fe(3)O(4) nanoparticles inhibit Panc-1 pancreatic cancer cell proliferation and migration by inactivating transcription factor ETS1.
- The Mucin MUC4 and Its Membrane Partner ErbB2 Regulate Biological Properties of Human CAPAN-2 Pancreatic Cancer Cells via Different Signalling Pathways.
- Expression of claudins 7 and 18 in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: association with features of differentiation.
- Down-regulation of yes associated protein 1 expression reduces cell proliferation and clonogenicity of pancreatic cancer cells.
- Molecular pathology of pancreatic cancer: implications for molecular targeting therapy.
- Nestin is a novel target for suppressing pancreatic cancer cell migration, invasion and metastasis.
- Effectiveness of Nestin-targeting Therapy in Pancreatic Cancer.
- Recurrent germline mutations in BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes in high risk families in Israel.
- Phase II Study of Panobinostat and Bortezomib in Patients with Pancreatic Cancer Progressing on Gemcitabine-based Therapy.
- Transforming Growth Factor Beta Receptor I Inhibitor Sensitizes Drug-resistant Pancreatic Cancer Cells to Gemcitabine.
- PDGFR? expression in tumor stroma of pancreatic adenocarcinoma as a reliable prognostic marker.
- Kinome-wide siRNA screening identifies molecular targets mediating the sensitivity of pancreatic cancer cells to Aurora kinase inhibitors.
- Inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase-3 activity triggers an apoptotic response in pancreatic cancer cells through JNK-dependent mechanisms.