In this weeks news:
- Threshold’s phase 2b trial of TH-302 in patients with pancreatic cancer meets primary endpoint
Biotechnology company Threshold Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced that its 214 patient randomized controlled phase 2b clinical trial evaluating the efficacy and safety of two doses of the investigational agent TH-302 in combination with gemcitabine compared to gemcitabine alone in patients with first-line advanced pancreatic cancer achieved its primary endpoint, with a 63 per cent improvement in progression free survival and a safety profile consistent with previous studies.
- Drug combination domino effect destroys pancreatic cancer cells
The team at Cancer Research UK’s Cambridge Research Institute showed in mice that combining a chemotherapy drug called gemcitabine with an experimental drug called MRK003 sets off a chain of events that ultimately kills cancer cells – multiplying the effect of each drug on its own.
- Health News – Combined Inhibition of VEGF and c-MET Can Decrease Metastasis
Dual inhibition of vascular endothelial growth factor and c-MET signaling inhibited tumor invasion and metastasis in a laboratory model of pancreatic neuroendocrine cancer, according to a paper published in Cancer Discovery, the newest journal of the American Association for Cancer Research.
- BBC News – Pancreatic cancer: Trial drug MRK003 shows promise
Scientists say they may have found a new weapon against pancreatic cancer after promising early trial results of an experimental drug combination.
- Monoclonal antibody detected early-stage pancreatic cancer marker | HemOncToday
- Grant of $600,000 will be used for local pancreatic cancer research
- New technology to tackle treatment-resistant cancers
Here are the latest additions to the Mendeley Pancreatic Cancer Genomics collection.
- K-Ras mutation-mediated IGF-1-induced feedback ERK activation contributes to the rapalog resistance in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas.
- Both inhibition and enhanced expression of miR-31 lead to reduced migration and invasion of pancreatic cancer cells.
- The therapeutic effect of cytokine-induced killer cells on pancreatic cancer enhanced by dendritic cells pulsed with k-ras mutant Peptide.
- EGCG Enhances the Therapeutic Potential of Gemcitabine and CP690550 by Inhibiting STAT3 Signaling Pathway in Human Pancreatic Cancer.
- Losartan Slows Pancreatic Tumor Progression and Extends Survival of SPARC-Null Mice by Abrogating Aberrant TGF? Activation.
- An orally active lysophosphatidic acid receptor antagonist attenuates pancreatic cancer invasion and metastasis in vivo.
- Multivariate analysis of immunohistochemical evaluation of protein expression in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma reveals prognostic significance for persistent Smad4 expression only.
- Gamma secretase inhibition promotes hypoxic necrosis in mouse pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.
- Beta-adrenoceptor action on pancreatic cancer cell proliferation and tumor growth in mice.
- Whole-exome sequencing uncovers frequent GNAS mutations in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas
- The functional cytotoxic T lymphocyte-associated Protein 4 49G-to-A genetic variant and risk of pancreatic cancer.
- Protein Kinase C Iota Regulates Pancreatic Acinar-to-Ductal Metaplasia.
- WT1: a weak spot in KRAS-induced transformation.
- Identification of NME5 as a contributor to innate resistance to gemcitabine in pancreatic cancer cells.
- Pathways for aberrant angiogenesis in pancreatic cancer.
- The application of Methylation specific electrophoresis (MSE) to DNA methylation analysis of the 5′ CpG island of mucin in cancer cells.
- S100P-Binding Protein, S100PBP, Mediates Adhesion through Regulation of Cathepsin Z in Pancreatic Cancer Cells.
- THE ROLE OF TRPV6 CHANNEL IN CANCER.
- PALB2 interacts with KEAP1 to promote NRF2 nuclear accumulation and function.
- The RalB Small GTPase Mediates Invadopodia Formation Through a GTPase Activating Protein-independent Function of the RalBP1/RLIP76 Effector.