We saw some disappointing results from Infinity Pharmaceutical’s latest Phase II trial of IPI-926 and the resulting cancellation of the program.
A recent study also showed that women who had been taking metformin for diabetes had a reduced incidence of pancreatic cancer.
Researchers at the University of Michigan demonstrated that by inhibiting KRAS (the gene associated with the start of pancreatic cancer), pancreatic tumor growth could be stopped and reversed.
- Design, Synthesis, and Biological Evaluation of a Series of Novel AXL Kinase Inhibitors
- Overexpression of FOXM1 Is Associated With Poor Prognosis and Clinicopathologic Stage of Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma.
- KrasG12D-Induced IKK2/?/NF-?B Activation by IL-1? and p62 Feedforward Loops Is Required for Development of Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma
- EMT and Dissemination Precede Pancreatic Tumor Formation
- Computational Modeling of Pancreatic Cancer Reveals Kinetics of Metastasis Suggesting Optimum Treatment Strategies
- Secreted 70 kiloDalton lumican stimulates growth and inhibits invasion of human pancreatic cancer.
- Targeting heat shock factor 1 with a triazole nucleoside analog to elicit potent anticancer activity on drug-resistant pancreatic cancer.
- MUC1 regulates PDGFA expression during pancreatic cancer progression.
- Mucin production determines sensitivity to bortezomib and gemcitabine in pancreatic cancer cells.
- The value of CDX2 and cytokeratins 7 and 20 expression in differentiating colorectal adenocarcinomas from extraintestinal gastrointestinal adenocarcinomas: cytokeratin 7/20+ phenotype is more spesific than CDX2 antibody.
- Multimarker Gene Analysis of Circulating Tumor Cells in Pancreatic Cancer Patients: A Feasibility Study.
- Escin augments the efficacy of gemcitabine through down-regulation of nuclear factor-?B and nuclear factor-?B-regulated gene products in pancreatic cancer both in vitro and in vivo.
- Phase I Evaluation of Intravenous Ascorbic Acid in Combination with Gemcitabine and Erlotinib in Patients with Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- Role of the ductal transcription factors HNF6 and Sox9 in pancreatic acinar-to-ductal metaplasia.
- IL-6 Stimulates STAT3 and Pim-1 Kinase in Pancreatic Cancer Cell Lines.
- The RON-Receptor regulates pancreatic cancer cell migration through phosphorylation-dependent breakdown of the hemidesmosome.
- Imexon Induces an Oxidative Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Response in Pancreatic Cancer Cells.
- HMGA1 and HMGA2 protein expression correlates with advanced tumour grade and lymph node metastasis in pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- Nestin as a novel therapeutic target for pancreatic cancer via tumor angiogenesis.
- Pancreatic cancer: the role of molecular markers in diagnosis and management.